George Bell Women’s League will resume in the New Year providing Toronto is moved out of the current restrictions.
COVID-19 Protocols & Procedures
Georgebell Arena is asking that all patrons please read the new protocols and procedures with the re-opening of the arena.
We are doing our part in keeping our community safe.
1. Entry and exit to and from the Arena is permitted for user groups only
2. The Arena will not supply locks and keys for the dressing rooms
3. Contract holders are required to maintain contact tracing that includes
contact info for all participants
4. All user groups are required, without exception, to supply their own pucks
5. Access to the timekeepers booth will be provided by Arena staff only
6. User group participants are required to wear appropriate masks or face-
coverings and sanitize their hands when entering and exiting the Arena
7. Rink users must refrain from all actions that result in the dispersal of bodily
fluids anywhere in the Arena, such as spitting, nose clearing, etc.
8. Dressing rooms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 will be restricted to 6 players maximum, and
large dressing room 7, will be restricted to 11 players maximum, to ensure
9. At all times all showers and washrooms in the dressing rooms will be “OUT
10. Upon entry, all users shall proceed immediately to their assigned dressing
rooms while maintaining social distancing at all times
11. Rental groups and participants will remain in their assigned dressing rooms
until all users are ready and the rental group before them has left the ice
surface and returned to their respective dressing rooms.
12. Users are not permitted to congregate in the lobby area or on players’
benches while the ice is being resurfaced
13. Following each rental period, all users are required to exit as a group within
20 minutes and must wear masks or face-coverings and observe social
distancing upon exit
ONLINE BOOKING – NEW!
Book a rink in just a few clicks.
View availability and instantly rent ice.
Powered by CatchCorner.
Click ‘Online Booking’ to get started.
Opened in October of 1961, George Bell Arena replaced the outdoor Ravina Rink and was named in honour of Toronto’s Park Commissioner, George T. Bell. The arena was designed and built as a state of the art facility and once served as practice facility for game day skates of visiting NHL teams and the Toronto Maple Leafs and has seen hockey greats such as Gordie Howe on the ice.
George Bell Arena is home to the George Bell Hockey Association, Canadian Japanese Hockey League and is the former home of the Ryerson University Men’s and Women’s hockey teams.
The arena has hosted the Toronto Furies of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League as well as many special events such as charity tournaments, roller derby and even wrestling in the 60’s and 70’s.
George Bell Arena serves the communities of York, Swansea, Toronto Junction, High Park, and eastern Etobicoke.
The arena Snack Bar is run by the George Bell Community Hockey Association in support of their youth hockey programs.
Hours of operation:
The George Bell Hockey Association (GBHA) is a not-for-profit community hockey association located in the heart of the Junction in West Toronto. The goal of the GBHA is to develop and maintain fun, safe, fair and inclusive hockey programs for children and youths between the ages of 4 and 20.